Full Name: Alexandra Phoenix de Castro
Age: 14 Years Old
Birthdate: July 5, 1995
Birthplace: Nyack, NY
Location: New York
IMDb Page: [x]
Official Websites: alexdecastro.tripod.com, www.Facebook.com, www.Myspace.com
Melody de Castro
Tel: (914) 522.9834
TV/Film/Commercial Agent (NY)
TV/Film/Commercial Agent (LA)
Greene & Associates
190 N. Canon Drive, Suite 200
Beverly Hills, NY 90210
Tel: (310) 550.9333
Suffer the Little Children Student – Monster Popcorn Films
The Demon Chronicles Trena ‚Äì Demon Child Attles Int’l Film Production Company
Good Morning America, “Broadway Kids Care” Broadway Kid ABC
Insights and Updates Talk Show Guest Cablevision’s Public Access Channel
Today Show – Santa Claus 3 Promotion Elf NBC
Love Monkey Ice Skater NBC
Wonder Showzen Comedic Kid MTV Networks
Law & Order: Special Victim’s Unit – “Lowdown” Gina Abbott (guest lead) NBC
Animal Love Girl Showing Kittens Cablevision’s Public Access Channel
I Can Do It Principal Nickelodeon Jr.
Sprint Principal National
Quaker Oatmeal Principal National
The Lion King Young Nala The New Amsterdam Theatre and The Minskoff Theatre
The Color Purple Young Celie 1st National Tour
The Lion King Young Nala Cheetah Tour
The New Food Guide Pyramid Musical Principal Director: Helen Butleroff
Blood & Honey Child ArcLight Theatre
The Greatest Horror Story Ever Told Carol Ann Lovinger Theatre
Dinner at Grandma’s Li’l Sadie Mae & Clean-Up Kid Rotunda Theatre
Damn Yankees Dancer/Singer Actor’s Conservatory Theatre
When Push Comes to Shove, Shove Comes to Shoot Angelique Intimate Realities Drama Company
Cosby Family Values Rudy Huxtable Eve’s Magic
Peter Pan Little Indian Westco Productions, Inc.
Nat’l Underground Railroad Freedom Ctr. ‚Äì “Midnight Decision” Principal Sandlot Pictures
Empire Isis “What Ya Say About That” Lead Girl MTV – Carribean & BET
Tarralyn Ramsey “Up Against All Odds” Lead Girl VH1 – Grand Central Pictures
Many Performances in addition to the below
Macy’s 80th Thanksgiving Day Parade Dancer/Singer 34th Street, NYC
Eco-Access Benefit Dancer 42nd Street Duke Theatre
South Pacific Ngana Carnegie Hall
Sports & Formal Runway Model Glamour Model Pageant
Verizon Wireless Principal Teenager Hill Holliday
TJ Maxx Principal TJ Maxx
Childhood Spirit Stock Photography Model Jupiter Images
Jamaica’s Half Moon Resort’s Marketing Campaign Principal Half Moon Resort
HairZone Hair Model Sensationnel
Mixing HIV and ABC’s? Not with My Child! Principal Student New York Post
Mother & Daughter, Lifestyle Images Stock Photography Model Getty Images
Family Images Stock Photography Model Paras Photography
Mother & Daughter, Lifestyle Images Stock Photography Model Corbis Studios
Sports & Formal Runway Model Glamour Model Pageant
Coupon Promotion Daughter Chili’s Restaurant
American Dream Home Daughter Sears
Mortgage Daughter Bank of New York
Caesar’s Brookdale Poconos Resort Brochures Family Images Caesar’s Poconos Resort
“Midnight Decision” Poster Principal National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
County Kids Magazine Principal Tannen’s Talent Advertisement
Hudson River News Visitor Dr. Leonard Greene Book Signing
Chicago Children’s Hospital Children’s Community Chorus Alexian Brothers Radio
Hess Trucks Child Singer
Antigua Child Singer David Horowitz Music Associates
Scripts and Scruples (Online Radio Soap Opera) Denise Radio Loger Productions
Purell Actress Pfizer
Wonder Showzen Kid Announcements/Singer MTV Networks
Singulair Asthmatic Child DDB Worldwide Communications Group Inc.
Pringles Child Proctor & Gamble
Jinny Starfly Animation Jinny Starfly Bajan Brownstone Productions, LLC
Unanswered Questions Student Massachusetts Teacher Association
Midnight Decision Violet/Singer National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
Princess Daddy Daughter Radio Disney
Bronx Borough President “State of the Address” National Anthem Lehman College
Bronx Borough President “3rd Annual Big Band Brunch” National Anthem Co-op City Community Center
The 2nd Annual Caribbean NYC Conference National Anthem Brooklyn Museum
Bronx Borough President “2nd Annual Big Band Brunch” National Anthem Co-op City Community Center
Dinner at Grandma’s Reception Gala National Anthem Rotunda Theatre
Christmas Show Solo/Vocal Choir Andrus-On-Hudson
Jammin for Jimmy Gala Solo/Vocal Choir Westchester Manor
50th Anniversary Brown vs. Board of Education Choir Singer Yonkers Riverfront Library
Many Performances in addition to the below
3rd Annual Broadway Comes to Yonkers, YTI Fundraiser Benefit Singer/Dancer Riverfront Library Theatre
2nd Annual Broadway Comes to Yonkers, YTI Fundraiser Benefit Theatre Dance Riverfront Library Theatre
Westchester Wildfire’s Professional Basketball Youth Dance Team Hip-Hop/Street/Jazz Dance Westchester County Center
Youth Theatre Interactions Annual Youth Night Hatian Dance Community Baptist Church
Lane Napper with Mike Caron Improvisational & Advanced Professional Acting Classes
Jen Rudin Musical Theatre
Kristen Paladino Commercial, Scene Study and Audition Techniques
David Doan, Nickelodeon Casting Director Advanced Actor’s Technique
Class Act Studios Advanced TV Commercial Kidz I & II, Film Study, Improvisation & Theatre Workshop, Scene Study
Cleo King Private Acting Coach (LA.)
Celeste Simone, Doug Cohen, Karl Jurman and Sheila Walker Private Voice Coaches
Mama Foundation for the Arts Gospel Voice Choir
Ruthlynn Solomon African, Jazz, Modern
Youth Theatre Interactions Haitian Dance, Advanced Ballet, Hip-Hop Jazz, Vocal Choir, Advanced Drama
Mamie Duncan Gibbs Theatre Dance, Modern Dance
Jimmy Tate Intermediate Tap
Liz Sterling Intermediate Ballet
City Center Dance Jazz, Funk, Hip-Hop
Brian Friedman, Darrin Henson, A.C. Ciulla, Freeze Broadway Dance Center’s Music Video Jam: Hip-Hop, Jazz, Modern
Dance Theatre of Harlem Pre-Professional Program (Ballet)
Biking, Dancing, Drawing, Love for Animals, Yoga, Roller Blading, Singing, Aerobics, Tennis, Track & Field, Horseback Riding(beg.), Swimming,
Snorkeling, Flying Trapeze(int.), Kayaking, Reading, Writing, Ice Skating, Computers/Internet, Playing Games, Cheerleading, U.S. Passport
Adept at Learning Other Languages: African, French, Tagalog
Accents: British, Street/New York, Southern, Valley Girl
Born, Alexandra Phoenix de Castro on July 5, 1995 in Nyack, New York. Alex is a natural at performing. She has been professionally working in the entertainment industry for the past 8 years in television, print, voice overs, theatre and dance.
At the age of 5, she landed her first role in Westco Production’s theatre show, Peter Pan and at age 8 made her Broadway debut playing the role of “Young Nala” in Disney’s, “The Lion King” on Broadway where she stayed on as the longest running child actress in the show then later performed part of “The Lion King’s, Cheetah Tour” in Austin, TX.
Alex is a proud member of the Actors Equity Association, American Federation of Television & Radio Artists and the Screen Actors Guild.
Some of her additional work experience include: MTV’s Wonder Showzen doing voice over and on camera work, South Pacific (Carnegie Hall), I Can Do It (Nick Jr.), Law & Order: Special Victim’s Unit, Today Show (NBC), Love Monkey (CBS), voice overs for Nickelodeon’s animated main character, Jinny Starfly, Pringles, Disney’s, Princess Daddy, Hess Trucks, etc. and print campaigns for TJ Maxx, Bank of New York, Caesar’s Brookdale Poconos Resort, Jamaica’s Half Moon Resort, Enstyle, TJ Maxx, Verizon Wireless, Chili’s, Sears and more.
Most recently, Alex has toured all over the country, for over a year in Orah Winfrey’s production of “The Color Purple’s, 1st National Tour”, playing the role of “Young Celie”. When time allows, Alex enjoys participating in educational and fundraising events. Past events include “Broadway Comes to Yonkers” and “Jammin for Jimmy’s Gala” for the “Youth Theatre Interactions” performing arts after school program, a guest appearance on EOne’s DVD to help educate and fight against AIDS, production of “South Pacific”, A Benefit Concert for “Carnegie Hall”, “Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS”, a special performance of “The Lion King” for “The Actor’s Fund of America” and many others.
Alex is privately home schooled and when asked where she sees herself in the future she says “I look forward to a very successful career in the entertainment industry and to attend Julliard College.” Alex is thankful for her many blessings and the support of her family and friends.
• Alex has on many occasions sang the National Anthem for Bronx Borough President, Adolfo Carrion’s events and most recently was personally requested again by the Borough President to sing at the “State Borough of Address” in which he announced his departure to work for President Obama as head of the White House Office of Urban Policy, a position he was hand picked for by the President himself.
• Since returning home to NY from a 14 month tour with “The Color Purple”, this past couple of months, Alex has performed in a 3 week educational NYC Borough Tour, called The New Food Guide Pyramid Musical, directed by Helen Butleroff (director/choreographer of 50 musicals on Broadway, Off-Broadway and summer stock), filmed for an Educational Industry DVD for NY Castings, did a Chicago Radio Jingle for St. Alexious Medical Center, shot a principle role in a National Sprint Commercial, did an Everyday Chicago Teens Photo Shoot for Verizon Wireless and was voted “Young Faces of 2009″ selected by Actors Technique New York.
• Aside from all of this and home school, she’s been working with some NYC Producers in the studio on a couple of song submissions that she’s written herself for a Kids Sports Show and keeps up with her training at Youth Theatre Interactions (http://www.youth-theatre.org/bway.html) whose Artistic Director is Broadway Veteran, Mamie Duncan Gibbs and Actors Technique New York ). You can see her in both websites.
• Alex will be relocating from her NY home temporarily to L.A. in March 2009 for Pilot Season and to do an invited reading at Nickelodeon Studios by Lane Napper, Celebrity Acting Coach/Choreographer and Mike Caron, Assistant Director of the iCarly Show.
Alex used to train in the Pre-Professional Ballet Program at The Dance Theatre of Harlm.
• Alex is an only child.
• She is an animal lover.
• Alex picks up dance moves very quickly.
• She has a mixed heritage of Filipino, Chinese, Spaniard and Haitian.
• Her Mother who studied and worked in the entertainment business as well is her Talent Manager.
• Alex is currently working on her Music Album.
• Loves spending time with family. Loves playing tennis with her Grandfather, biking with her Mom, shopping with her Grandmother, staying over her Auntie’s house in upstate NY and hanging out with her cousins and other relatives.
• Artists: Demi Lovato, Kimya Dawson, Katy Perry, Cold Play, The Carpenters, Bob Marley, M.I.A., Taylor Swift, Jem, Frank Sinatra and more….
• Foods: Sushi, Mac and Cheese, Pinkberry Yogurt, Vegetarian Food, Virgin Strawberry Daquiries, Jamba Juice
• Colors: Black, Gray, Dark Purple and Yellow
• Top Favorite Types of Dance: Hip-hop, Modern and Ballet
CREDIT: Her Manager: Melody de Castro