Add A Star
So you would you like to add a star to our growing list of talents? You’re at the right place! To have a profile added to Young Black Starz, please read the following requirements:
- 1. You must be someone who is closely connected to the star you are submitting (i.e., parent or guardian, manager etc.). If you are over 18 you can be the star yourself. This is important as we would like to keep all information posted on our website accurate and reliable.
- 2. Not everyone who submit will be added as a star and while we do include some who are just starting out, we are pretty picky about who we add. We base our decision on QUALITY of work over QUANTITY of jobs. For instance, if a resumé is filled with a lot of roles in short films only OR a lot of background work, we will most likely not accept. Typically, we look for a number of quality jobs titles like the ones listed below:
- Principal (Lead or Supporting Roles — NO Extras) in Featured Films or TV Movies
- Series Regular, Recurring, Guest-star or Co-Star roles (NO Extras) in National TV Show
- Principal roles in a number of national commercials
- Signed with a major record label
- OR unsigned but have done major, public performances and appearances
- Signed with a reputable modeling agency and have done commercial modeling for a number of well known companies (GAP Kids, Guess, H&M etc.)
These are just some of the things we look for. We review each submission carefully to make our decisions.
Here are some of the services that we offer to the stars:
- • We respect the privacy of all involved and keep everything sent to us confidential.
- • We will build each star a profile on the site which includes general stats, head shots, a resume, quick media clips, fun facts and favorites and social links.
- • We will post regular updates on the star if they have booked a new role etc. We DO sometimes count on you to provide us with this news.
- • Young Black Starz always keep things positive and professional. You will never see any negative or rumored content on this website as we do not tolerate it.
- • We will post exclusive music, videos and anything else you may want to share with viewers.
- We have a spotlight feature where a talent is spotlighted every month. This is especially good if they have a big project coming up. With our spotlight feature we like to include interviews with the star.
- • Exclusive images sent to us are watermarked for protection against posers and other thieves. All rights and credit goes to the respectful owners.
- A support system and much more!
Unfortunately there is a chance that your application can be rejected. By accurately following these steps and making sure your talent has the right kind of credits on their resume before applying will save us all time. If you are unsure whether or not someone you want to submit will meet the requirements please email us with ONLY a resumé beforehand and we will let you know.
ALL questions about the submission process can be sent to email@example.com.
Once everything is clear, take these two very simple steps to submit your child(ren) or yourself.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SUBMISSION FORM
After filling out the form, attach it to an email along with at least three professional head shots and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to attach a resume in addition to the form. Please send all files in .doc format ONLY!